National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is this October! NCSAM is a “collaborative effort to ensure everyone has the resources they need to stay safe online.”
NCSAM is organized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance. Another partner, the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) annually gathers a list of resources for colleges and universities. I thought this might interest to the Northeastern’s IA Program community:
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month Resource Kit and Sample Kit
- Information Security Awareness Video & Poster Contest for Students
- Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library
- EDUCAUSE’s Security Awareness Resource Page
- Last Year’s NCSAM Highlights
Additionally, in celebration of NCSAM in October, Educause is hosting a FREE online webinar featuring three CIO’s from across the United States, hosted by Marc Hoit, Vice Chancellor & CIO, North Carolina State University.
In addition to talking about current information security issues on their campuses, the CIOs will discuss the “big questions” about information security in Higher Ed. The title is “CIO Insights on Cybersecurity” on October 14, 2014 at 1:00–2:00 p.m. ET.
- Peter J. Murray, CIO/VP, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Michele Norin, Chief Information Officer, The University of Arizona
- Melissa Woo, CIO/Vice Provost for Information Services, University of Oregon
This will probably be an interesting and enlightening talk in a field (higher education) where quite a bit of IA-focused inquiry is discussed day-to-day.